Let’s look back on the top 10 shoulder dislocations over the past decade which eventually led to shoulder instability
and this recent Latarjet procedure to fix it!
10. Junior hockey . Getting run from behind by an overweight defense man.
9. Rough housing with my older brother in Mexico .
8. Swinging my water bottle at an aggressive Magpie while pre riding the 2013 World 24Hr course in Canberra Australia . Shoulder came back after a few seconds.
7. Crashing at 2am in the 2013 World 24Hr champs , shoulder came back in after 10-15 minutes of trying.
6. Throwing my bike over the shoulder (and the shoulder out) to hike a bike over Thorong La pass at the 2014 Yak Attack in Nepal . Popped back in after a minute.
5. Post race massage in Pokhara after 2014 Yak Attack. 90 lb Nepalese pushed the shoulder out and then freaked out and ran away. Shoulder came back in after a few minutes.
4. Slipping on a rock while swimming in a Billabong in North Australia . 3 hr hike out to the hospital to have it relocated.
3. Crashing off the side of a Himalaya mtn in North India while trying to avoid an oblivious hiker in 2016. Two travellers helped me hike out 4 hours. A hippy German doctor tried to relocate it with no luck. Eventually my friends and I started talking about the Dalai Lama which relaxed everything, and the shoulder popped back in.
2. Crashing on a water pipe while training on the mountains surrounding Kathmandu , February 2020. Spent the next 4 hours hiking out then grabbing a rough taxi ride to the hospital to have it relocated. Missed my flight to Spain for the @andaluciabikerace and instead walked right into a 7 month lockdown in the Himalayas.
1. December 2020, got a pole stuck while ski touring down Canoe mountain in Valemount with Reiner Thoni . Spent the next 4 hours skiing out and driving to Mcbride to get it relocated. Doctor over drugged me, and I made the decision it was time to get this shoulder fixed.
January 2021. Declan Unsworth made some calls and soon I was under the at the Banff Sports Med Hospital, getting repaired by Doctor Heard .
-Kayaking in Victoria with Rob Fawcett.
– Leaning on the shoulder the wrong way while getting out of bed to race stage 3 of the Titan Desert in Morocco , 2016.